Perhaps it serves me right for putting all my eggs in one basket. Almost all my mail was coming in to my main Gmail account. It still is, as a matter of fact, but I just can’t get to it.
Earlier today, I logged out of my gmail account and into another one of my accounts to check some news alerts I allow to collect there. I think it was around that time that I found I couldn’t get back into the account I use most. I didn’t get any error messages; not even a red wrong password alert. All I got was back to the login page. with a bit of a difference. My id is keyed in and there’s no “Remember me on this computer”. The password field was blank but every time I keyed that in, it would come back to the login page.
1. I went through all the “Can’t access your account” options. Reported it to Google, but well… who knows if they’ll get back.
2. I managed to get to the account settings and even reset my password. Ddin’t help
3. I still can log in and out of my GTalk, though not Picassa albums.
4. I tried to get into my main gmail account from other browsers, other pcs. Didn’t work. I cleared cache and temp and so on.
5. I can log into other gmail accounts from my pc.
6. Another person at the office seemed to report a similar problem. I didn’t see it myself though
So where oh where is my Gmail acocunt!
People will have to email me at mala at pobox dot com or mala at malabhargava dot com.